Bibby Library recently purchased the new book Treating the Dental Patient with a Developmental Disorder. If you are affiliated with the University of Rochester, you may borrow the book for two weeks.
Edited by Karen Raposa and Steven Perlman, the book contains the following chapters, authored by experts in the field.
- Overview of developmental disorders / H. Barry Waldman and Steven P. Perlman
- Patient/personal information interview / Maureen Munnelly Romer
- Medical/developmental review & interview / Martha Ann Keels
- Treatment considerations / Ray A. Lyons
- Alternative Behavioral Support Strategies / Clive Friedman
- Aging Population Supports / Paul Farsai and Joseph Calabrese
- Overall health / Matthew Holder and Henry Hood
- Treatment accommodations / Debra Cinotti
- The exam/hygiene appointment / Karen A. Raposa and Ann-Marie C. DePalma
- Preventing oral health problems / Paul Glassman and Christine E. Miller
- Restorative appointments / Federico Garcia-Godoy and Cristina Garcia-Godoy
- Office sedation / Matthew Cooke
- Hospital dentistry/general anesthesia / Allen Wong
- Practice management tips / David Albert Tesini
- Improving oral health through community-based interventions / Paul Glassman
- Long-term impact / Jo Ann Simons
- International perspective / Luc A.M. Marks.